Top Ten Tuesday is a book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Topics are picked each week and people share their lists with one another. To find out more and join in click here. Now onto this weeks list!
1) Set time aside to read: I've always found reading a relaxing past time and a perfect way to wind down (who else agrees?) but during exam period I tend to put it on the back burner. I want to set more time aside to read so I can remind myself to relax even during stressful moments.
2) Finish reading A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin: I am currently up to Part 2 of Book 3 in the series and am super excited to continue the adventure. As each book is quite long I typically feel the need for a break from the series after finishing each book so it has taken me a while to get where I am now. Hopefully with correct timing I can finish the series in 2015!
3) Read 5 classics: Building off the above resolution, I definitely need to expand my read classics pile and would love any suggestions for good "starter" classics or ones that you have personally enjoyed reading.
4) Read 5 non-fiction novels: I already plan to read a heap of autobiographies in 2015 (Lena Dunham, Amy Poehler, Tina Fey...) and on top of that I'd love to read some history novels on the Tudor Era (one of my favourite parts of history) so hopefully 5 non-fiction reads will be an easy one to tick of my list.
5) Keep active in the book blogging community: I have only started blogging very recently but I hope to remain active and involved next year!
6) Make some bookish friends: Whether online or in real life I would love to make some more friends that are as interested in reading as I am. Don't get me wrong plenty of my friends do read but it's not something we talk about as regularly as I'd like!
7) Organise my Goodreads account and keep it updated: I've got to go through my shelves and move some books around or delete them off my TBR list all together. My tastes have changed since I first started my account (quite a while ago, well before this blog) and I know that I'm no longer interested in reading some of the books on my virtual shelves any more.
8) Review as I read: Whether this means scheduling the posts or publishing them as I finish them, I hope to keep consistent with reviewing as soon as I finish a book or a series.
9) Read without feeling obligated: As much as I would love reading an author or publisher's books in exchange for a review I would never want reading to be a chore. I am someone who stresses out quite easily so I would never want reading to turn into a major obligation or stressful circumstance!
10) Complete the 2015 Reading Challenge: I would also love to tick off everything on the reading challenge put together by Pop Sugar. I found it on Tumblr and it looks like a super fun way to motivate myself to read more next year. You can see this list on my Memes and Challenges page.
So those are my ten bookish goals and resolutions for 2015! What are yours? Link your own post or let me know in the comments below.